Daura, Katsina State – The Federal University of Transportation, Daura, Katsina State, has received the green light from the National Universities Commission (NUC) to kickstart fourteen critical academic programs. This revelation was made by the inaugural Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof. Umar Adam-Katsayal, as reported by Daily Nigerian on Saturday, October 21.
The recently established academic institution has been officially named the ‘Muhammad Buhari University of Transportation Daura.’
According to Prof. Umar Adam-Katsayal, this approval from NUC followed a recent visit by the NUC resource verification team to the university. The VC shared that the acting director of Academic Planning at the commission, Abubakar Girei, communicated the approval via a letter addressed to him, dated October 18, 2023.
In his words, “The acting Executive Secretary has considered and approved the establishment of the full-time mode of the programs to be offered at the Main Campus of the University, effective from the 2023/2024 academic session.” However, it’s worth noting that the approval does not extend to part-time program delivery.
Here are the 14 approved programs:
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering
- B.Eng. Electrical Electronics Engineering
- B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Eng. Mechatronics Engineering
- B.Eng. Railway Engineering
- B.Eng. Highway Engineering
- B.Sc. Aviation Management
- B.Sc. Transport Management
- B.Sc. Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- B.Sc. Maritime Safety and Environmental Administration
- BSc. Railway Transport Management
- B.Sc. Sea Port and Dry Port Management
- B.Sc. Inland Waterways Safety and Environmental Administration
- B.Sc. Maritime Economics
NUC Approves 20 New Programs for Lagos State University
In related news, NUC has granted approval for the commencement of 20 new undergraduate programs at Lagos State University (LASU). This approval came after a resource verification exercise carried out by NUC expert panels in April 2023.