The University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) is pleased to inform all candidates who have applied for admission into its degree programs for the 2023/2024 Academic Session that an online screening exercise will be conducted. Here are the essential details:
Eligibility for Screening:
- UTME and DE candidates who selected the University of Maiduguri as their first choice during the 2023 JAMB are eligible for the screening exercise.
- UTME candidates must have a minimum score of 140, except for courses with higher cut-off marks indicated on the university’s website.
- Candidates must meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses and have the correct UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the 2023 JAMB Brochure.
- Candidates who do not meet any of the above requirements will be allowed to change to another course that meets their qualifications.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five O’ Level credits, including Mathematics and English Language, in subjects relevant to their proposed courses at not more than two sittings. Additionally, Direct Entry candidates must have a minimum of Lower Credit at National and/or Higher National Diploma Level(s) or Merit at NCE Level.
- Only O’ Level result print-outs downloaded directly from the website of the national examining bodies (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or photocopies of original certificates will be accepted during verification.
Online Registration Process:
The online registration process for the UNIMAID Post-UTME/DE Screening is as follows:
- Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of ₦2,000.00 (Two thousand Naira only) through the REMITA PLATFORM at any commercial bank. The registration portal will be open from Monday, 18th September, 2023, and will close at midnight on Sunday, 22nd October 2023.
- To begin registration, visit www.putme.unimaid.edu.ng.
- Use your UTME Number as both username and password (case sensitive).
- Provide a valid and accessible e-mail and phone number and click on “Process Payment.”
- You will be directed to REMITA to complete the payment. For card payments, an OTP will be sent to your phone and e-mail for verification. For bank payments, print the payment slip with the RRR and make the payment at the bank.
- Upon successful payment, if you paid via card, you will be redirected to the dashboard. If you paid at a bank, log in again using your UTME Number as both username and password.
- Click on “Verify Payment” to confirm your payment status.
- Your name and applied course will be displayed on the dashboard.
- Proceed to fill in your biodata and click “Next.”
- Provide details of your next of kin and click “Next.”
- Input your O’ Level results, including the number of sittings (maximum of two) and select the certificates obtained. Provide the examination dates and numbers.
- For DE applicants, in addition to step 11, provide Higher Education Certificate details, including Institution Attended, Date of Graduation, Certificate Obtained, and Grade obtained.
- Click “Next” and upload the required documents indicated in steps 11 and 12 above. Ensure these documents are saved as images.
- You will be redirected to the dashboard.
- Review your submissions, and if necessary, make edits.
- Once satisfied, click “Submit.”
- Upon successful completion, you will see the message “Application Submitted successfully; it cannot be altered, thanks.”
- Please note that you will NOT be invited for physical screening or aptitude tests; you will be notified once admitted through CAPS.
- For updates on admission, visit putme.unimaid.edu.ng once admission commences.
- You may receive SMS and/or email notifications regarding any relevant information.
Mal. Ali Adamu Madagwa